Sport New Zealand, in collaboration with partners, has developed a Talent Plan 2016-2020.
- Balance is better – a snapshot of our approach, including case studies (pdf, 2MB) | Interactive version
- Talent Plan (pdf, 1MB)
This Talent Plan:
- Focuses on growing the capability of the competitive sporting system to better prepare athletes for high performance through quality sporting experiences in the development phase.
- Will encourage more young people and adults to remain active in competitive sporting pathways, strengthening local, regional and national competitions.
- Is for the New Zealand sporting system, led by Sport NZ, and is a result of consultation with a wide range of people and organisations from across the country including national sports organisations (NSOs), regional sports trusts (RSTs), secondary school sports bodies and schools, tertiary education organisations, territorial authorities (TAs) and, most importantly, athletes and coaches.
Sport NZ in partnership with High Performance Sport New Zealand, RSTs and NSOs collectively delivers the Pathway to Podium Programme.
- Andrea Hewitt, Triathlete
- Ben Sigmund, Footballer
- Lisa Carrington, Canoeist
- Erikana Pedersen, Netballer
- Kayla Imrie, Kayaker