Tips for Administrators
- create pathways for club members to participate as players but also as coaches, referees, administrators etc
- ensure that rules, equipment, length of games and training schedules are modified to suit the age, ability and maturity level of players
- ensure quality supervision and coaching for players
- remember that players participate for their enjoyment and benefit
- help coaches and officials highlight appropriate behaviour and skill development, and help improve the standards of coaching and officiating
- ensure that everyone involved in sport emphasises fair play
- distribute a code of conduct to players, coaches, officials and parents and encourage them to follow it
- respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in the game, regardless of their gender, ability or cultural background
- promote adherence to anti-doping policies.
I will not:
- arrive at the venue intoxicated or drink alcohol at junior matches
- allow the unlawful supply of alcohol at training, games or club functions
- use bad language, nor will I harass players, coaches, officials or spectators.
Download a pdf version of the Tips for Administrators brochure (PDF, 82 Kb)