- encourage my child to play within the rules and respect officials’ and coaches’ decisions
- teach my child to respect the efforts of their opponents
- remember that children learn best by example, so I will applaud good plays and performances by both my child’s team and their opponents
- give positive comments that motivate and encourage continued effort
- support my child’s efforts and performance
- thank the coaches, officials and other volunteers who give their time to conduct the event for my child
- help when asked by a coach or official
- respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in the game, regardless of their gender, ability or cultural background.
I will not:
- pressure my child in any way – I know that this is their game not mine.
- arrive at the venue intoxicated or drink alcohol at junior matches
- use bad language, nor will I harass players, coaches, officials or other spectators
- criticise or ridicule my child’s performance after the game
Download a pdf version of the Tips for Parents brochure (PDF, 106 Kb)