Sport NZ’s KiwiSport investment funds sports initiatives for school-aged students, via the Ministry of Education and regional sports trusts around the country.
KiwiSport aims to:
- increase the number of school-aged children participating in organised sport
- increase the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children.
- support children to develop skills that enable them to participate confidently in sport.
He Oranga Poutama
He Oranga Poutama ("Stairway to wellbeing") - promotes the development of physical recreation and sport in a way that is culturally appropriate to M?ori.
Rural travel fund
The Rural Travel Fund was developed in response to concerns about a potential lack of participation in sport by young people living in rural communities. The fund:
- is designed to help subsidise rural travel for junior teams, and
- is targeted at young people aged between 5-19 years to assist school and club sports teams to participate in local sporting competitions.
No Exceptions Funding Allocation
The No Exceptions Funding Allocation is Sport NZ funding administered by the Halberg Foundation on behalf of Sport NZ.
Allocation for 2018-20