Palmerston North Community Services Council Small Grants Fund
Check dates with funder
Always open for applications?
This fund is open to charitable not-for-profit community welfare groups whose primary clientele come from within Palmerston North City Council (PNCC)boundaries.
While it is accepted that groups may pass on some of their costs to those who use their services, the fundamental philosophy of this grant is that services must be available to all persons regardless of ability to pay. Evidence must be given of policies and practices that confirm this does occur.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
Community Services Council formed in 1971. In 1983 the City Council agreed to a per capita allocation of money for CSC to allocate on behalf of the City Council. This sum has risen from 25c per capita in 1983 to $1.25 per capita in 2000
This fund is to provide essential administration expenses to enable local charitable not-for-profit community welfare groups to operate.
Projects must have an emphasis on the following Community Outcomes for Palmerston North City:
• people feel safe
• people have lots of learning opportunities
• the community is supportive; people and organizations work together
• people are well housed and healthy
• This grant will not be made for preschool and childhood education, which are covered by Vote Education
• This grant will not be made to those groups whose aims are primarily social and/or recreational, which are covered by SPARC
• This grant will not be made for arts and cultural activities which are covered by CCNZ and administered by the Palmerston North Community Arts Council
• This grant will not be made to groups whose functions are primarily of a religious or political nature
Small Grants Fund WILL FUND essential administrative expenses such as:
• audit fees and/or financial review costs
• communication - phone,internet,advertising, newsletters
• energy - gas and/or electricity
• insurance - public liability and assets
• interpreters - short-term assistance to build capacity and volunteer
expenses (excluding wages for permanent staff)
• rent - and short-term 'one-off' venue hire
• stationery - printing, postage, computer supplies (excluding software), photocopying
Small Grants MAY FUND:
• volunteer expenses - including training, toll calls, supervision, travel (upper limit 72¢ per km)
Upper limit per grant application
From $200 Up to $5,000 plus GST.
Grants made last year
Information not available
Funds available last year
How to apply
Applications for 2020 closed on 29 May.
Training workshops for the application process are offered during May/June while this fund is open. It is recommended that all groups attend. These workshops can be especially beneficial to new groups and/or first time applicants.
Small Grants Fund Application
Small Grants Fund Guidelines
Post or deliver two copies of your application and all relevant documentation to:
Palmerston North Community Services Council
77 King Street
Palmerston North 4410
Information required with your application
Applicant groups will be required to:
• present full financial statements, including audited/reviewed accounts for the most recent financial year, which clearly acknowledges all grants received, including those from the PNCC and from this Small Grants Fund
• include a copy of your annual report
• provide a statement of income/expenditure (not more than three months old)
• provide copies of current bank statements/balances for all accounts operated
• supply a full budget forecast of your groups total income and expenditure for the coming year
• clearly state a projection of this year's proposed grant
Representatives of community organisations.
Within three months. Funding years covers 1st July to 30th June. City council approves grants in September and notification is made soon after.
In writing with terms of acceptance.
Paid on receipt of invoice.
Conditions of acceptance
PNCSC has a principle of accountability. Groups are required to provide an accountability report for any previous grant from this fund; this is required for reporting to the PNCC. The report needs to include the amount of money granted, purpose of the grant, actual projects/items funded, and what the grant achieved.
Applicants are expected to take responsibility for marking off the checklist and sending all required documents/authorizations. Failure to do so could mean your application will not be considered. You may include other supporting information if you wish.
Palmerston North Community Services Council
PO Box 748
Palmerston North 4440
Phone: 06 354 3809