Dr W R Lawrence and Elsie Mackie Memorial Trusts
Check dates with funder
Always open for applications?
Dr Lawrence and Elsie Mackie Memorial Trust grants are available to people from Te Aroha and the surrounding country areas (Elstow, Manawaru, Mangaiti, Ngarua, Springdale, Te Aroha West, Wairakau, Waihou and Waitoa). This funding is provided for 'charitable purposes', for both groups or individuals.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups or individuals may apply
Trusts come from memorial funds left to the community.
To fund charitable organisations within the Te Aroha ward.
• to supply the physical wants a person who is sick, aged destitute, poor, or helpless, or to pay the funeral expenses of someone who can not afford them
• education (physical, mental, technical, or social) for the poor or their children
• reformation of offenders, prostitutes, alcoholics, or drug addicts
• the employment and care of offenders released from prison
• providing religious instruction (either general or denominational)
• supporting libraries, reading rooms, lectures and classes
• promoting athletic sports and wholesome recreation and amusements
• contributions towards losses by fire or other inevitable accidents
• encouragement of skill, industry and thrift
• the erection, laying out, maintenance, or repair of buildings and spaces for any of the purposes mentioned above.
Administration, operating expenses (eg postage, power), annual charges, honorariums, wages and salaries (except one-off payments, maintenance and repairs, insurance, debt servicing, activities in the public sector that would normally be publicly funded, such as annual school drama productions.
Upper limit per grant application
Up to $1500
Grants made last year
Funds available last year
How to apply
To apply, simply download the application form below, complete the required information and return it to any Council office by the last business day of June. The Board of Trustees meets once a year (during July) to consider applications.
Application forms are also available from:
• all council offices
• Te Aroha library
Please return your completed application to:
Dr W R Lawrence and Laurie and Elsie Mackie
Memorial Trust Boards
PO Box 266
Te Aroha 3342
Information required with your application
• demonstrate a benefit to the community
• provide the necessary financial information
• complete all sections of the application form
• provide evidence of financial contributions
Board of Trustees.
The board meets in July annually to review applications and determine who will receive funding.
Conditions of acceptance
As per guidelines by the Charities Commission, grant money can only be paid out after we have received from you an invoice or written notice of intent from the supplier of the goods.
Matamata Piako District Council
PO Box 266
Te Aroha 3342
Phone: (07) 884 0060