Hutt Mana Charitable Trust Grants
Always open for applications?
Upper Hutt, Lower Hutt, Porirua Cities, Northern Wellington Cities, Johnsonville, Newlands and Tawa.
Eligibility Criteria for Grants:
These must be for the benefit of the communities within the Hutt Mana area, namely Upper Hutt, Lower Hutt, Porirua, Johnsonville-Tawa.
We will consider applications for grants for a wide range of charitable purposes within the communities of the Hutt Mana Charitable Trust’s district. These purposes cover any charitable, philanthropic, amateur sport, cultural or other purpose that is beneficial to the community or any section of it.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
The Trust supports projects related to energy efficiency as well general charitable purposes on an approximately equal basis. The Trust fund was received from the former Hutt Mana Energy Trust and has a value of some $36 million. Income from this fund is used to fund its charitable work.
To enhance the health, wealth, and well-being of communities in the Hutt Mana area, through charitable activities (specifically including energy efficiency activities and other activities consistent with the charitable purposes of the Trust).
The Trust funds what is referred to as “Authorised Purposes”, being purposes that benefit the communities within the Hutt Mana district in accord with the Trust’s objectives/policies.
Examples of items that will be considered for funding:
• Local environmental improvement or enhancement projects.
• Resources and equipment for youth development and recreational projects.
• Training for community organisations to upskill volunteers.
• Projects involving the merger or rationalisation of two or more community or recreational organisations.
This is by no means a definitive list. The Trust will evaluate all applications and inform applicants if the criteria are not met. Receipt of your application will not otherwise be acknowledged .
These purposes cover any charitable, philanthropic, amateur sport, cultural or other purpose that is beneficial to the community or any section of it.
They shall include, but not be limited to, grants for:
• facilities, equipment and/or playing uniforms for sporting clubs playing in recognised, published leagues or competitions
• charitable purposes, including the relief of poverty or welfare assistance through donations to recognised social service or welfare agencies
• youth focused organisations or training organisations for equipment or scholarships that are administered by the recipient organisations
• recognised cultural, health, environmental, recreational or philanthropic activities or groups within the local community
• sporting events’ or tournaments’ travel and accommodation costs
Grants made last year
Funds available last year
How to apply
Our grants rounds happen in March and September each year and close on the last Friday of those months.
The application form is available here during each grants round.
All applications received by the trust during a grant round, will be considered by the Trust’s five Trustees in the month following the close of applications.
Hutt Mana Charitable Trust
PO Box 31250
Lower Hutt 5040
Phone: (04) 569 6113