Community Trust of Mid and South Canterbury
Always open for applications?
Mid and South Canterbury.
Criteria for applications:
• donation applications will be catagorised according to geographical location and type of activity
• generally organisations should apply for funding only once within the Trust's financial year
Applications will be considered from:
• an incorporated society or eregistered charitable trust
• a body or club controlled by an association of persons under an adopted constitution that has audited or reviewed accounts and an annual report
• not for profit community based, parent-led play-centres, playgroups and youth groups
Applications will not be considered from:
• individuals or groups seeking to provide funding assistance to individuals
• organisations and groups operating for private proft
• commercial entities
• primary schools, secondary schools, kindergartens and community based teacher-led learning centres that are eligible for annual formula funding from the Trust (subject to the Early Learning Centre, Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary Schools Donation Policy below)
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
The Community Trust of Mid and South Canterbury Inc was incorporated as a Charitable Trust in accordance with the provisions of the Trustee Banks Restructuring Act 1988.
The purpose of the Community Trust of Mid & South Canterbury is to provide charitable, cultural, philanthropic and recreational benefits to the community.
• we help facilitate the setting up and maintenance of the services and amenities provided by a large variety of community organisations
• generally provide supplementary funding rather than act as a principal funding source
• focus on best supporting an organisation by providing funding at a time that best suits their needs
• recognise the continuing and invaluable work of the voluntary sector
• community health and welfare
• recreation and sport
• youth activities
• culture and heritage
• applications will not be considered for projects that the trustees consider are the primary responsibility of local or central government
• completed or retrospective projects as at the time of applications being considered.
• projects that do not specifically benefit the community of the Mid and South Canterbury region.
• and generally for attendance at out-of-region conferences, education, tournaments, competitions, tours etc. (including fees, travel and accommodation)
Most costs considered within the project guidelines.
Upper limit per grant application
Up to $10,000.00 Main Round Over $10,000.00
Grants made last year
Funds available last year
How to apply
2020 - 2021 Main Round 1 grants over $10,000
Submissions are now open.
Submissions close 5:00PM 22 May 2020 (NZST).
Find out more about 2020 - 2021 Main Round 1 grants over $10,000...
2020-2021 Round 1 Grants under $10,000
Submissions are now open.
Submissions close 5:00PM 3 April 2020 (NZDT).
Find out more about 2020-2021 Round 1 Grants under $10,000...
To apply for funds from the Community Trust of Mid and South Canterbury
1. Read the Trust’s Donations Policy - http://comtrust.org.nz/donations-policy/
The policy explains amongst other things:
• who the Trust will receive applications from
• the purposes which the Trust will consider an application
• the information required to support the application
• the closing dates for applications
2. Discuss your application proposal with the Community Relations Manager to ensure that your organisation and project are eligible to apply.
3. Complete an Application Form ONLINE ONLY at https://comtrust.smartygrants.com.au/ by 5pm on one of the closing dates listed below.
4. Send the completed Application to reach us by one of the closing dates listed below.
5. Generally organisations should apply only once within the Community Trust’s financial year.
A Community Trust donation is not subject to GST.
The Community Trust now has an Online Only application process.
The Community Relations Manager of the Trust is always available to discuss your application with you and to offer guidance and advice. She can be contacted at:
27 - 29 Strathallan St, Timaru
Phone (03) 687 7589
Freephone 0800 MSCCTTrust or (0800) 67 22 87
Fax (03) 688 9972
Making an application:
Community Relations Manager
Community Trust of Mid & South Canterbury Inc
PO Box 983