Community Services and Programmes Grants
Check dates with funder
Always open for applications?
New Plymouth district.
To be eligible for community funding the applicant has to meet one of more of the following criteria:
• be based in New Plymouth District or offering services to the district's community.
• be a not-for-profit community, group or organisation.
• be a registered charitable trust, charitable entity or incorporated society.
• provide a service or be undertaking a project that benefits the wider community of New Plymouth District.
• projects must contribute to one or more of the following outcomes:
- connected - infrastructure and transport.
- prosperous - economy, employment and tourism.
- secure and healthy - community safety and health.
- skilled - training and education.
- sustainable - environment.
- together - community.
- vibrant - culture, leisure and recreation.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups or individuals may apply
New Plymouth District Council will continue to have a role in providing financial investment for community organisations operating within, and benefiting the people and district of New Plymouth.
The purpose of the policy is to set out the parameters by which New Plymouth District Council may offer grant investment, and / or community concessional lease subsidy to communities, groups, individuals and organisations within the district.
Funding may be given for:
• community action and neighbourhood development.
• community services and programmes.
• social enterprises.
• strategic partnerships.
Activities that meet the criteria.
Grants made last year
Information not available
Funds available last year
Information not available
How to apply
Information required with your application
• value to the wider community
• the number of people who will benefit
• the degree to which people will benefit
• the ability of the applicant to complete the contract if only partly funded
• the performance measures by which the success of the project could be measured.
NPDC Community Funding Subcommittee
April and September council meeting.
A letter sent with agreement to be signed and a request for tax invoice for the grant. A letter sent to say applicant was unsuccessful.
According to the agreement, either in lump sum or quarterly amounts.
Conditions of acceptance
• must sign the contract
• must send detailed report on completion or project to include details confirming use of the funds; how agreed objectives were achieved; and success or otherwise of project.
Community Funding Investment Policy:
New Plymouth District Council
Private Bag 2025
New Plymouth 4342
Phone: (06) 759 6060 Fax: (06) 759 6072