Sport NZ's Rural Travel Fund (Rangitikei)
Check dates with funder
Always open for applications?
Open to rural sports clubs and rural school teams with young people aged between 5-19 years who require subsidies to assist with transport expenses to local sporting competitions.
The following criteria shall be applied when considering applications for funding.
School club teams and sport club teams are defined as:
• A school club team participating in local sport competition in weekens, that EXCLUDES inter-school and intra-school competitions played during school time', and/or
• a sports club team participating in organised sport competition through club membership outside of school time'.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
Sport New Zealand (Sport NZ) is the new name for the government organisation responsible for sport and recreation (formerly SPARC).
The Rural Travel Fund has been developed in response to concerns raised by territorial authorities about the lack of participation in sport by young people living in rural communities. Geographical isolation, urban drift, lack of employment and training opportunities and access to mainstream funding were identified as barriers to sport participation.
The Rural Travel Fund is designed to help subsidise travel for junior teams participating in local sport competition.
Sport and recreation.
Transport expenses to local sporting events.
Travel expenses that relate to representative team events and national events.
Upper limit per grant application
No set upper limit
Grants made last year
Funds available last year
How to apply
Round opens 14 March and closes 30 April 2020.
Sport Nz Guidelines 2018 2020
You can access the application form here:
Rangitikei Grants Application
The application process is now online. If you need assistance completing your application, please contact the administrator: email@example.com
Information required with your application
• A balance sheet from your organisation (ie financial statement or audited accounts)
• A bank generated deposit form
• Evidence of your endorsement from your local affiliated club/ school (if required)
• Who else has been asked, has given or is giving funds
• GST number if registered on application form.
Sport NZ Rural Travel Fund Assessment Committee.
A letter to contact person when funding approved / declined.
A cheque or direct credit for the approved amount.
Conditions of acceptance
Sport NZ requires organisations who receive funding under this scheme to return an accountability form to the appropriate territorial authority showing proof of purchase made within that period and attach any receipts.
Rangitikei District Council
46 High Street
Phone: 0800 422 522