Bendigo Valley Sports & Charity Foundation
Always open for applications?
The basic approved criteria used in allocating this funding: the Society shall only consider donations to any charitable, philanthropic, cultural, amateur sporting, bona fide youth or educational organisation and any other purpose that is beneficial to any community or any section of it that are based in the provincial area which this Society operates its class 4 gaming machines.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
This Charitable Trust was established in 1987.
To provide funding to our local community from proceeds from our gaming machines from which they were generated.
• arts & culture
• local communities
• sport & recreation
NO grants shall be made to any party which will result in any commercial advantage, either directly or indirectly, to any member site of the Bendigo Valley Sports and Charity Foundation.
• “Trade tournaments” or sporting events staged primarily for the commercial publicity and/or the benefit of a selected industry group.
• grants supporting the commercial wing of the racing industry, e.g. the breeding of race horses or the payment of jockeys or facilities that benefit non-public areas.
• commercial tourist promotions.
• a purpose which will result in a clear commercial gain or profit for an individual or organisation.
• grants to further the activities of professional sports persons (except where such a donation is made for any coaching, training or development purpose for an amateur sport community organisation).
• any individual sports person unless the grant is made to, and administered by, an incorporated sporting body to which the individual is affiliated.
• family reunions or group reunions.
Most expenses funded
• purchase or subsidy of alcohol.
• maintenance or provision of bar facilities.
• costs associated with staging “after-match” functions for sporting groups.
• provision or subsidy of costs of entertainment, food or refreshments.
• paying off previously incurred promotional debts.
• grants to non-affiliated “social” sports or social clubs.
• cash prizes.
• vehicles for motorsport.
• events or trips which are predominantly social in nature.
• purchase or subsidy of vehicle intended for purposes associated with social functions.
• prizes for sporting events except for trophies or modest non-cash prizes for use in genuine community sporting events (the definition of “modest” will in each case be determined by the size of the event concerned).
• dress uniforms, training uniforms and laundry.
• grant requests for fundraising for another organisation are not permissible.
• retrospective grants
• payment of club membership
• overseas travel & expenses
Information not available
Upper limit per grant application
Most grants are between $500 to $10,000. Additional information required for applications over $10,000 please contact the Trust.
Grants made last year
Funds available last year
How to apply
Application forms can be downloaded from this link provided:
or alternatively you can contact the foundation with the details provided below.
The Application must be Printed,Signed,Dated and Forwarded
to: P O Box 5480, Dunedin 9058 or delivered to: Level 6, Westpac Trust Building, 106 George Street, Dunedin.
For more infromation about the application, click here.
Information required with your application
• two competitive quotes
• invitations to events or other supporting material
• financial accounts
• organisation and applicant details
• two official bank deposit slips
• proof of affiliation
• charitable status Resolution to apply for funding.
• organisation and applicant details
• copies of two competitive quotes
• invitations to events or other supporting material (which must be addressed to the applicant organisation).
• a copy of the resolution to apply for funding.
• copy of last financial accounts.
• an official bank deposit slip.
• proof that organisation/Team/Club is affiliated to a recognised Association, a Charitable Organisation or copies of rules and regulations.
Every endeavour must be made by all applicants to obtain competitive quotes within the community where funding is raised. This is considered when reviewing applications.
Board of Trustees
Conditions of acceptance
Grants must be used for purposes within New Zealand Inland Revenue requirements. Only travel to, and from New Zealand, to an overseas destination can be funded and all aplications for overseas travel shall be considered carefully.
Funds must be used for the purpose applied for. In the event of non-compliance with this condition, an amount equal to the amount of the allocation is immediately repayable by the recepient to the Foundation.
The Bendigo Valley Sports & Charity Foundation
Westpac Trust Building
Corner George St and Moray Place
P O Box 5480
Phone: (03) 477 2261 Fax: (03) 477 2281