Always open for applications?
Hamilton; Matamata-Piako; South Waikato; Waipa and Waitomo, Whanganui, Whakatane; Bay of Plenty.
Grassroots Trust Limited is authorised to operate gaming machines to raise money for the following authorised prupose:
• any charitable purpose
• any non-commercial prupose that is beneficial to the whole or a section of the community.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
Grassroots Trust Limited was established in August 2012.
To support sport, education and community sectors.
The authorised purposes includes (but is not limited to):
• the promotion and development of amateur rugby union football, within rugby provincial unions and clubs affiliated to the New Zealand Rugby Football Union Incorporated deemed to have subscribed to and be bound by the constitution and rules of the New Zealand Rugby Football Union Incorporated.
• the promotion and development of any other amateur sport through direct support of amateur sporting bodies. Grants only issued to sports bodies which are formally established and/or legally constituted;
• promotion and development of community organisations which are established for charitable purposes or cultural purposes beneficial to the community or a section of it.
• professional sports team/s or person/s
• commercial gain
• any grant to an individual (unless the grant is made to, and administered by, an incorporated body to which the individual is affiliated).
• retrospective costs.
Most expenses funded. (Please check with the Trust before submitting your application).
• entertainment, food or refreshment
• prizes and trophies
• third party donor organisations (service clubs, for example)
• professional sports persons or teams
• affiliation/registration fees
• social events or trips
• family reunions
• staging after-match functions
• purchase or subsidy of vehicles intended for purposes associated with social functions
• dress or training uniforms. (playing uniforms are allowable, and they must remain the property of the club).
Information not available
Grants made last year
Information not available
Funds available last year
How to apply
Step 1: Check you are eligible to apply and prepare your documents
If you haven’t already checked to see if you are eligible to apply, please click here.
Step 2: Complete your application
Prior to starting your application, we recommend that you read our “How to Apply Guide” and our frequently asked questions which are updated on a regular basis to reflect the most commonly asked questions each month.
How to Apply Guide Grant FAQ Apply Online
Once you have successfully submitted your application, you will receive an email confirming this.
Information required with your application
• full organisation information
• pre-printed deposit slip or bank counter lodgement slip
• outline of other fundraising efforts
• signature of organisation official
• financial accounts
• competitive quotes
• resolution for grant application
• outline of proposal/project costs
• contact information for referees
• minutes of the last two meetings
• proposal/project outline
• disclosure statement detailing other funding received.
Once applications close, your application will be assessed and if additional information is required to make your application compliant, an assessor will contact you via email to request this information. Upon receiving a request for additional information, you will be given 3 working days to provide this information. Failure to provide the additional information within the requested timeframe may result in your application being declined.
All communication regarding your application will be sent to your primary contact via email through our online system. So that you do not miss any of our email updates, please ensure you have the following email addresses set up as SAFE SENDERS:
It is your responsibility to ensure your contact details are always up to date.
When contacting a member of the Grants Team via email, please use the REPLY button from an email already received by the system (firstname.lastname@example.org). Any emails sent directly to this address without using the REPLY option will not be received by the Grants Team.
Conditions of acceptance
An acknowledgement of grant form to be returned to the Trust along with verification of expenditure (receipts etc). These receipts must be from the same companies as the quotes supplied in the application and must be returned within six months of the grant being made. Failure to comply with the conditions will result in the Trust seeking a full refund of the grant.
PO Box 9019
Phone: 0800 957 960