The North & South Trust Limited
Always open for applications?
Auckland, Tauranga & Hawkes Bay
Applicants must fit within the Authorised Purpose of The North & South Trust Limited (See our website):
• the applicant is a non-profit body
• the grant is to be applied for specific and future purposes
• the application is made on the correct form, and is complete.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
The North & South Trust Limited generates funds for its authorised purpose by operating gaming machines in the Auckland, Tauranga & Hawkes Bay regions.
The North and South Trust Limited (NSTL) was set up primarily to support amateur rugby and sport in the Auckland Region.
NSTL generates funds for its grant distribution (Authorised Purpose) by operating Class 4 gaming machines in pubs/venues in the Auckland, Tauranga and Hawkes Bay Regions.
• sport & recreation
The Authorised Purpose of The North and South Trust Limited is:
• the promotion and development of amateur rugby union football through direct support of the Auckland Rugby Referees' Association, the Auckland Primary Schools' Rugby Union, the Auckland Secondary Schools' Rugby Union, and rugby clubs affiliated to, and sub-unions of, the Auckland Rugby Football Union Incorporated and deemed to have subscribed to and be bound by the constitution and rules of Auckland Rugby Football Union Incorporated and the constitution and rules of the New Zealand Rugby Football Union Incorporated.
• the promotion and development of any amateur sports playing in recognised leagues or competitions, including but not limited to the provision of ground hire or maintenance fees, buildings and facilities, equipment and uniforms, travel and accommodation costs, tournament fees, referees and educational programmes.
• to assist and benefit any charitable, educational, cultural or philanthropic purpose or any other purpose that is beneficial to the public or a section of it.
Information not available
Upper limit per grant application
Any Level of Funding
Grants made last year
Funds available last year
How to apply
All Grant Applications are now to be made online.
All applications are considered against our Authorised Purpose, Grants Distribution Policy and funds available. We encourage all applicants to read the grant distribution criteria, authorised purposes, and guidelines before completing an application.
Information required with your application
• applicant details
• contact person for application enquries
• details of funding applied for
• at least two quotes no older than 3 months (if not please state a reason why)
• a checklist is included with the application form.
The Directors generally meet on the third week of each month to consider grant applications. The Directors meet a minimum of once every three months.
In writing for declined and email for approved applications.
Conditions of acceptance
Invoice and receipts must be sent to North & South Trust Limited at the completion of your project.
If your application does not fit within the authorised purpose or is incomplete then the Trust will have to return your grant application to you.
The North & South Trust Limited
PO Box 56-228
Phone: 0800 678 510