Constellation Communities Trust
Always open for applications?
Auckland (Whangaparaoa, Northcote), Palmerston North.
CCT may make grants for authorised purposes as follows:
a. any charitable purpose;
b. any non-commercial purpose that is beneficial to the whole or a section of the community; and
c. promoting, controlling and conducting race meetings under the Racing Act 2003, including the payment of stakes.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
The Constellation Commuities Trust was set up to support the community on the North Shore and the Millennium Institute of Sport & Health, its users and the North Shore athletics community.
The Authorised Purpose of Constellation Communities Trust is:
• to foster, promote and support any amateur game or sport where the game or sport is conducted for the benefit of the general public.
• to foster, promote and safeguard participation in amateur sport, non professional community health and well being and educational activities operated by the Millennium Institute of Sport and Health and North Sport Academy.
• to benefit educational, cultural, health, environmental, recreational or philanthropic activities provided all those activities are conducted for charitable purposes.
Constellation Communities Trust Limited’s authorised purpose includes (but is not limited to):
• promoting any amateur game or sport as a means of achieving any charitable purpose, including:
- children and/or young person’s deriving beneﬁts of an educational or academic nature; and/or
- participants deriving health beneﬁts from participation in physical activity and/or organised competitions; and/or
- persons or organisations deriving educational or training beneﬁts from the development of facilities.
• promoting non-professional community health and well-being and educational activities operated by the Millennium Institute of Sport and Health and North Sport Academy; and
• educational, cultural, health, environmental, recreational or philanthropic activities provided
• all those activities are conducted for charitable purposes.
Priority will normally be given to applications for:
• non-professional community health and wellbeing and educational activities operated by the
Millennium Institute of Sport and Health and North Sport Academy; and
• amateur sport where the applicant is based in the same region where Constellation Communities
• Trust has venues and where there is a high level of public participation.
Most expenses funded
Information not available
Upper limit per grant application
No Set Limit
Grants made last year
Funds available last year
How to apply
Download an application form from the website link provided below:
Applying for a Grant:
Applying for a grant is easy, but you need to ensure that;
The application fits within the Authorised Purpose of Constellation Communities Trust Ltd. The ‘Authorised Purpose’ is the definition of what the Trust is licensed to make grants to.
The applicant is a non-profit body
The grant is to be applied to specific and future purposes; no retrospective grants can be made
The application is made on the correct form, and is complete
If your application does not fit within the Authorised Purpose or is incomplete then the Trust will have to return your grant application to you.
http://constellationtrust.org.nz/grants/ for more details.
Information required with your application
• type of organisation
• contact person details
• details of what the grant is to be used for
• project costs and quotes or other evidence of costs
• other documentation required to complete your application form e.g. resolution to apply for funding
Trustees of Constellation Communities Trust:
Grant applicants will be provided with reasons for Constellation Communities Trust’s decision if Constellation Communities Trust decides to decline a grant application. The reason given may include insufficient funds to meet the number of applications or a lack of venues in the region in which the applicant is based.
The Trust Directors meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month to consider Grant Applications. Your application would need to be received at least 5 days prior to the meeting for consideration in that month.
Direct credit or cheque.
Conditions of acceptance
• recipients of grant funding must return paid invoices and bank statements to Constellation Communities Trust immediately the funds have been spent to complete the audit requirement. If these funds were not spent for the appropriate purpose, Constellation Communities Trust will request a refund of the full amount of the grant. If a funding surplus exists, the surplus must be returned to Constellation Communities Trust by cheque or bank transfer.
• where information is obtained by the net proceeds committee indicating that a grant recipient has received funding from other source(s) for the full amount needed for the purpose applied for here, the net proceeds committee will take reasonable steps to obtain a return of the money from the grant recipient.
Constellation Communities Trust
PO Box 31557
North Shore City 0741