Sport NZ's Rural Travel Fund (Central Hawkes Bay)
Check dates with funder
Always open for applications?
Central Hawkes Bay.
Applications for funding from the Rural Travel Fund can be made by rural sport club teams and rural school club teams within the Territorial Authority region, with members aged between 5 and 19 years, who require financial assistance with transport costs so that they can participate in local sports competitions.
Who can apply?
• A rural school club team will be eligible for funding if it is participating in a regular local sports competition out of school time, which excludes interschool and intra-school competitions run during school time.
• A rural sports club team will be eligible for funding if it is participating in an organised, regular sports competition through club membership outside of school time.
Please note: Funding will not be provided for, and may not be used for, the purpose of travel to regional or national sports competition.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
Sport New Zealand (Sport NZ) is the new name for the government organisation responsible for sport and recreation (formerly SPARC).
The Rural Travel Fund is a relationship between Sport NZ and local authorities and has been developed in response to concerns about the lack of participation in sport by young people living in rural communities.
The Rural Travel Fund is designed to help subsidise travel for junior teams participating in local sport competition.
The Rural Travel Fund has been developed to support the participation in sport by young people living in rural communities:
• developing a rural participation strategy
• distributing a one-off rural travel fund
• investing in active communities
• establishing new sport and physical activity coordinators in rural high schools
The rural travel fund is designed to help subsidise travel for junior teams participating in local sport competition.
Funding will not be provided for the purpose of travel to regional or national event.
Transport expenses to local sporting events.
Upper limit per grant application
Grants made last year
Funds available last year
How to apply
Sport New Zealand Rural Travel Fund 2018 (pdf 100 KB)
Rural Travel Fund 2018-2020 Guidelines (pdf 396 KB)
Applications are closed for 2019
For more information please contact Christine Renata at Central Hawke’s Bay District Council on 857 8060 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information required with your application
• a balance sheet from your organisation (ie financial statement or audited accounts)
• a bank generated deposit form
• evidence of your endorsement from your local affiliated club/ school (if required)
• who else has been asked, has given or is giving funds
• GST number if registered on application form.
Sport NZ Rural Travel Fund Assessment Committee.
As soon as possible after closing date.
A letter to contact person when funding approved / declined.
A cheque or direct credit for the approved amount.
Conditions of acceptance
Sport NZ requires organisations who receive funding under this scheme to return an accountability form to the appropriate territorial authority showing proof of purchase made within that period and attach any receipts.
Central Hawkes Bay District Council
PO Box 127
Phone: 857 8060