KiwiSport - Sport Hawkes Bay
Always open for applications?
The KiwiSport regional partnership fund is designed to encourage schools, clubs, community organisations, regional sports organisations and marae to collaborate to meet the three KiwiSport Aims:
• Increasing the number of school-aged children participating in organised sport
• Increasing the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children
• Supporting children in developing skills that will enable them to participate effectively in sport at both primary and secondary level
The regional partnership fund is funded through Sport NZ to regional sports trust (RSTs). RSTs will allocate funding to projects which can ensure new or increased opportunities fir school-aged children to participate in organised sport at a community/regional level.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
KiwiSport is a government funding initiative to support sport for school-aged children. Launched by the Prime Minister on 11 August 2009. KiwiSport provides funding for school-aged children via Direct Funding with primary and secondary schools and through the Regional Partnership Fund, given to regional sports trust (i.e. Sport Hawkes Bay).
More kids - Increase the number of school age children participating in organised sport-during school, after school and by strengthening links with sports clubs
More opportunities - Increase the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children
Better skills - Support children in developing skills that will enable them to participate effectively in sport at both primary and secondary level.
* Sport and Recreation
* programmes that undermine existing club/volunteer infrastructure;
* programmes that are considered to be “business as usual” for stakeholders or where new investment would displace existing funding;
* sport facilities and other capital works;
* projects/programmes that do not have a focus on organised sport;
* event sponsorship;
* retrospective projects;
* social marketing campaigns;
Sport Hawkes Bay will invest in organisations that have programmes/projects that demonstrate a focus on more kids playing more organised sport in and out of school.
Upper limit per grant application
Grants made last year
Funds available last year
How to apply
There is no close date on this round - we only have $40,000 to distribute therefore when all the money is distributed the fund will close
1. Establish a project which meets the Regional and National KiwiSport Priorites
2. Use the FAQ page to guide you
3. Consult with a Sport Hawke's Bay employee, within that work area, for advice and support on your project
4. Complete an online application form during an active round
5. You will then be notified after the round has closed whether your project has been successful or not
6. If successful, return a signed contract and invoice for your project to commence
7. Begin your project
8. Complete reporting requirements of your project
9. Participate in promotion of your project and it's impact via Sport Hawke's Bay
Click here to Make a KiwiSport Application
Information required with your application
* Applicant contact details * Project Details * Project Target * KiwiSport Partner Details * Budget
Sport Hawkes Bay
An agreement will have to be signed with Sport Hawke’s Bay that will outline the project and monitoring process to measure the outcomes. Once this is signed off the funds will be paid to the organization directly into their bank account.
Conditions of acceptance
An accountability report will be required at the end of the funding period.
Applications that are granted less than $5,000.00 will only report and evaluate the outcomes on completion of the contract.
Community Sport Advisor
Level 1, 223 Thorndon Quay
PO Box 24148 Manners Street
Phone: 06 8459336 ext 735