KiwiSport - Sport Manawatu: Large Fund
Check dates with funder
Always open for applications?
WHO CAN APPLY?
Regional and national sport organisations, schools, clubs and community groups with a project aimed at getting more kids into organised sport. Each project requires one lead agency to be the KiwiSport Fund contract holder and to take overall responsibility for coordinating the project.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
KiwiSport is a government funding initiative to support sport for school-aged children. Launched by the Prime Minister on 11 August 2009. KiwiSport provides funding for school-aged children via Direct Funding with primary and secondary schools and through the Regional Partnership Fund, given to regional sports trust (i.e. Canterbury West Coast Sports Trust).
More kids - Increase the number of school age children participating in organised sport-during school, after school and by strengthening links with sports clubs
More opportunities - Increase the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children
Better skills - Support children in developing skills that will enable them to participate effectively in sport at both primary and secondary level.
2019-2020 Regional Priority Areas
• Skill Development
• Equip children with the fundamental skills required to successfully participate in organised sport.
• Coach and Volunteer Development
• Projects that increase the number of quality coaches, officials and volunteers in the community.
• More Participation Opportunities
• Increasing the accessibility for children to play organised sport
These include, but are not limited to:
• skills programme
• sport opportunity / competition
• multi-sport taster
• festival event
• event series
• coaching courses
• assistance with travel costs
• other (please detail)
Upper limit per grant application
up to $50,000 excludes GST and up to 70% of project costs.
Grants made last year
Funds available last year
How to apply
KiwiSport applications are currently on hold. More information to come.
Funding applications are closed until 1 July 2020. Thank you.
Read our KiwiSport Guidelines
Download an application form here.
Get in touch with us if you have any questions!
Information required with your application
Listed below are requirements for all Kiwisport applications:
• child protection policy
• risk management plan
• strategic plan
• evidence of partnerships such as support letters from schools, regional or national sport organisation etc.
• funding - demonstrate that at least 30% of the total project costs are provided by other sources such as, the applicant, participants or other external funding/grants. This contribution to the project is required in the budget form. Projects will not be 100% KiwiSport funded.
• Kiwisport objectives - project meets one or more of the objectives of Kiwisport
• targets - clear, measurable targets set and outlined.
• sustainability - after the Kiwisport funded project has come to an end, how can children continue to take part in the sport? What exit routes are available? Consider ongoing funding outside of KiwiSport funding as it is not intended to fund long term projects, it should be considered as seed funding.
• regional priorities - project meets one or more of the three Sport Manawatu regional priorities.
KiwiSport Manawatu Committee
As soon as possible after committee meeting.
Conditions of acceptance
An accountability report will be required at the end of the funding period.
Please ensure you read all the documentation provided or contact Sport Manawatu for further assistance.
Communtiy Sport Relationship Manager
50 Queen Street
Palmerston North 4410