KiwiSport - Sport Waikato
Check dates with funder
Always open for applications?
In the greater Waikato region, Kiwisport provides funding for schools for year 1-8 students and year 9-13 students via the Ministry of Education.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
KiwiSport is a government funded initiative to promote sport for school-aged children (5-18 years) and will be coordinated throughout the Waikato region by Sport Waikato.
KiwiSport objectives are:
• more kids - increasing the number of school-age children participating in organised sport; during school, after school and by strengthening links with sports clubs;
• more opportunities - increasing the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children to participate in organised sport;
• better skills - to support children in developing skills that will enable them to participate effectively in organised sport.
KiwiSport Waikato Key Priorities:
• providing cost effective sporting experiences for all children
• developing wider local opportunities for young people to become involved in sport and reducing the amount of time and cost.
• encouraging adults to become more involved in supporting youth sport
• fostering positive relationships between schools and clubs
• ensuring that competitions and sporting experiences are developmentally appropriate for young people
• development of local coaches to help enable sport within the community
• projects to reflect seasonal nature of the sport
• programmes that undermine existing club/volunteer/regional infrastructure;
• programmes that are considered to be business as usual for stakeholders or where funding displaces existing funding;
• sport facilities and other capital works;
• projects/programmes that do not have a focus on organised sport;
• one-off events and event sponsorship;
• retrospective projects;
• social marketing campaigns; and
• programmes that focus on nutrition and /or physical activity.
• equipment purchase or hire
• venue hire
• personnel costs (i.e. wages) for session delivery and for coordination directly related to that delivery
• travel costs for a provider to travel to a remote area/school to deliver sessions or for coaches to attend a training course who will then deliver an approved project to local youth
• professional development/training for coaches, officials and volunteers who will then deliver a project to participants between the ages of 5-18
• administration costs
• personnel costs (wages) for roles that already exist or are administration based, including project/resource development
• programmes that are considered to be business as usual for stakeholders or where funding displaces existing funding
• retrospective projects (anything prior to the closing date)
• one-off events and event sponsorship
• programmes that undermine existing club / volunteer infrastructure
• programmes that are not considered organised Sport
• sport facilities or other capital works
• social marketing campaigns
• affiliation fees
• school camps
Upper limit per grant application
40,000 (CPF) 5,000 (Kick Start Fund)
Grants made last year
Funds available last year
Information not available
How to apply
Check Sport Waikato - KiwiSport page for open rounds and closing date.
If you require assistance or clarification with KiwiSport Waikato's funding streams, please don’t hesitate to call 07 858 5388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kick Start Fund
Community Partnership Fund (CPF) Application Round
For examples of successful projects, refer to the Funded Projects.
Information required with your application
• organisation information
• project information
• partnership and support
• budget - project income
• targets and type of activities
Conditions of acceptance
An accountability report will be required at the end of the funding period. These reports are due 2 weeks after the completion of the project
Brian Perry Sport House,
51 Akoranga Road