KiwiSport - Sport Whanganui
Always open for applications?
All applications need to address at least one of the following national KiwiSport outcomes of:
• Increasing participation of young people (5-18 yrs olds) in organised sport
• Additional opportunities for young people in organised sport
• Improving the skills of young people for organised sport
For applications from clubs, an endorsement is required from your Regional Sport Organisation. For applications from Regional Sports Organisations, an endorsement is required from your National Sport Organisation. For school applications, the Principal must approve the project.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
KiwiSport is a government funding initiative administered by Sport Whanganui to increase participation in sport for school aged children in the Whanganui, Rangitikei and Ruapheu districts. Launched by the Prime Minister on 11 August 2009. Sport Whanganui administers this funding.
The purpose of the KiwiSport RPF Fund is to support for school-aged children to achieve more kids participating in organised sport, more opportunities for all school-aged children, better skills that will enable them to participate effectively in sport.
From consulting with the public, the three priorities that were identified are:
• Coaching programmes for coaches that directly impact Kiwi Kids
• Events and Transport
• New or Innovative projects
• Programmes that undermine existing club / volunteer infrastructure
• Programmes that are considered to be business as usual for stakeholder or where funding displaces existing funding
• Sport facilities and other capital works
• One off events and event sponsorship
• Retrospective projects (anything prior to the notification date)
• Social marketing campaigns
• Programmes that focus on nutrition and / or physical activity
• Personnel costs (ie. Wages and salaries) for roles that already exist
• Travel for participants outside of the Whanganui region
• Team uniforms
• School camps
Grants made last year
Funds available last year
How to apply
To those with big ideas or big plans for your sport, club or school in the active recreation, sport and play space KiwiSport funding is currently open and accepting applications. Due to Covid-19 the application window will be open until end of 2020 (or funding has been distributed in its entirety) and applications considered on a monthly basis.
What is KiwiSport
Application Information & Guidelines 2020
For more information please contact Lucy Newton on firstname.lastname@example.org, 06 349 2320 or 022 111 0094.
Information required with your application
As set out in each of the application forms.
For Contestable Fund Applications: Kiwisport panel will then review and rate each application with final sign-off being the responsibility of the CEO. This is within 2 weeks.
For Fast Contestable: Application submitted for internal/CEO assessment (2 weeks max) These Applications are contacted and notified of success or not.
The panel will then get approximately one week to go over the applications and score them before meeting to decide on the applications that have been submitted in that time frame.
Conditions of acceptance
An accountability report will be required at the end of the funding period.
Level 1, 223 Thorndon Quay
PO Box 24148 Manners Street