Ōtaki Community Board - Sporting Activity Grant
Check dates with funder
Always open for applications?
• applicants must reside in the Ōtaki Ward
• groups provide cultural, sports, environmental or social services will be eligible
• groups that are unable to receive sufficient grants from other sources because of the timeframe or because they are otherwise ineligible
• groups must be non-profit making
• purely recreational groups shall be eligible in relation to youth, the aged, and people with disabilities or the socially disadvantaged or for unique historic occasions.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups or individuals may apply
Each of the four Community Boards has one or more grant schemes. Ōtaki Community Board offers three grant schemes.
Anything to do with sport as an individual, team or oganiser, check this out to see if you are eligible for support.
The Ōtaki Community Board will consider the applications that support:
• individuals, sporting groups, (preferably focused on youth) where there is an opportunity to participate and to excel in a range of sporting activities, (the Community Board will not consider applications relating to sporting activities where there is a potential for these to be funded by SPARC).
• community groups providing sporting and active recreational opportunities within the Ward, where they contribute to health and wellbeing of the community and encourage people to participate in active recreation.
• community activities which provide sporting events within Ōtaki Ward which are open to general community involvement.
• unique or infrequent sports and active recreation events which are important to the Ōtaki Ward
• special events that will promote the town and enhance opportunities within the town
• activities that encourage the development of sports and active recreation activities within the Ōtaki Ward
• unique and especially meritorious effort in sport or recreation events that otherwise meet none of the above criteria, at the discretion of the Board.
• capital expenditure
• expenses incurred for school curriculum activities
• the Board will not approve any restrospective grants
• the Board will not consider applications relating to sporting activities where there is a potential for these to be funded by SPARC or a national sporting body to which the applicant is affiliated.
Information not available
Upper limit per grant application
Grants made last year
Funds available last year
How to apply
Anything to do with sport as an individual, team or organiser, check this out to see if you are eligible for support.
Sporting Activity Grant Application Form
Applications must be made on the approved application form and addressed to Samara Shaw. For any questions please email or phone: 04 296 4892.
Applications must be received no later than eight working days prior to the Ōtaki Community Board meeting date in order to meet the reporting deadline.
Information required with your application
• applicant details
• reason for funding
• benefits of funding to applicant and to Ōtaki Ward
• total amount requested
• cost breakdown
• other sources of funding
• please attach any supporting information that will help your application.
Ōtaki Community Board.
Community Board meetings are held 8 working days after the closing date.
Conditions of acceptance
All grant recipients are required to provide a short, simple report back on use of the funds, by completing an “Accountability Report Back” form outlining the benefits gained.
Any money NOT used for the purpose applied for is required to be immediately repaid to the Ōtaki Community Board, Community Grants Fund.
For further information about the Otaki Community Board meetings click here.
Kapiti Coast District Council
Private Bag 60601
Phone: (04) 296 4700