Sport NZ Rural Travel Fund (Carterton)
Check dates with funder
Always open for applications?
Carterton District school club teams and sports club teams with young people aged between 5-19 years who require subsidies to assist with transport expenses to local sporting competitions. Individuals are not eligible.
Your school (or club) is eligible for the grant if they are based in the Carterton District and meet one of the following definitions:
• a school club team participating in local sport competition in weekends, that excludes inter school and intra school competitions played during school time; and/or
• a sports club team participating in organised sport competition through club membership outside of school time.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
Sport New Zealand (Sport NZ) is the new name for the government organisation responsible for sport and recreation (formerly SPARC).
To financiallly assist sports clubs and school teams with young people aged 5-19 who require subsidies to assist with transport expenses to local sporting compeititions.
Travel to local sport competitions.
• funding will not be provided for the purpose of travel to regional or national events.
• funding will not be provided to cover costs associated with payment of coaches
or officials or reimbursement of their expenses(including travel costs).
• if you have previously received a grant and have not submitted an accountability form you may be excluded from receiving funding.
Transport expenses to local sporting events.
Upper limit per grant application
Amount Determined by the Assessment Committee
Grants made last year
Funds available last year
How to apply
Applications for 2020 have closed.
For more information on applying and guidelines please click here.
Application forms and funding criteria are available by:
• Collection at the Carterton Events Centre, Holloway Street, Carterton
• Clicking here.
• Contacting Gerry Brooking: email email@example.com or ph 06 379 4083
Information required with your application
Organisation Contact and Details, Financial Details and other information as requested on the application form.
The NZ Sport Rural Travel Fund Assessment Committee.
Conditions of acceptance
Sport NZ requires clubs and schools that receive funding to return an accountability form.
Community Development Coordinator
Carterton District Council
Po Box 9