Jetstar Flying Start Programme Grant
Check dates with funder
Always open for applications?
Entry is open to New Zealand based not-for-profit community groups and organisations of any size, who are seeking funding to help enhance the lives of people in their local community and can be classified into one of the following categories:
• educational and health organisations
• arts group or organisation
• sporting group or organisation
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
Jetstar helping Kiwi's where they need to go.
'Through our Flying Start Programme, we're seeking to provide a helping hand to community groups and organisations around New Zealand. The programme will allow us to contribute directly to the local communities that we fly to, beyond our low fares."
The community group or organisation should have a specific project in mind for how the grant will be used to benefit their local community.
Upper limit per grant application
Up to $30,000
Grants made last year
Information not available
Funds available last year
Information not available
How to apply
Grants will be awarded twice a year.
Download and complete an entry form from jetstar's website:
Information required with your application
With the application form, attach a page telling us in 400 words or less, what would you do if awarded with a Jetstar Flying Start Programme grant?
You may also send a photo/video to accompany your application if you like.
Jetstar Panel comprising of:
• Grant Kerr - Jetstart Head of New Zealand
• Mike Cox - Jetstar Pilot
• Nikki Ashton - Jetstar Cabin Crew
• Miriyana Alexander - Editor, Herald on Sunday
• the extent to which the community group or organisation is seeking funding to help enhance the lives of people in their local community in the areas of charity, health, sport, education or the arts.
• The extent to which the community group or organisation can maximise benefits to their local community with the Jetstar Flying Start grant (i.e. the extent to which they have a tangible project or activity in mind to utilise the grant).
• The extent to which the project or activity will celebrate and highlight the work of the community group or organisation and help boost the profile and strength of the group for the future within twelve months of the grant being awarded.
All applicants will be notified within six weeks of the applications close date and told whether or not they have been successful.
The Jetstar Flying Start Programme Grant consists of:
• $15,000 cash;
• $15,000 worth of travel with Jetstar anywhere on the Jetstar network;
• Promotion of the profile of the Winning Organisation on Jetstar's website and on the Jetstar Facebook page; and
• National and local level media leverage facilitated through a Jetstar PR agency partner.
Conditions of acceptance
It is a condition of accepting the grant that the Winning Organisation must comply with all the conditions of use of the grant.
Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid and will be rejected. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry where it reasonably suspects that such materials are prohibited by these terms and conditions, any relevant law, or are otherwise deemed inappropriate. This is at the Promoter's absolute discretion and discussions will not be entered into.
PO Box 14081
Phone: 09 975 9426