Dragon Community Trust Ltd
Always open for applications?
The Authorised Purpose of Dragon Community Trust Ltd is:
• any charitable purpose;
• any non-commercial purpose that is beneficial to the whole or a section of the community
• promoting, controlling, and conducting race meetings under the Racing Act 2003, including the payment of stakes.
Dragon Community Trust gives priority to funding applications which support the local Asian community in particular the Trust wishes to strongly support applications that benefit the young and elderly members of the Asian Community.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
The Dragon Community Limited was set up to support.
The local community where the funds are generated; and to give priority funding to Asian groups within the local community. In particular the Trust wishes to strongly support applications that benefit the young and elderly members of the Asian Community.
• providing public amenities and recreational facilities, e.g. rugby grandstands, sports centres, national parks, public halls, libraries, museums, statues, fountains, playing fields, gymnasiums, swimming pools, parks, churches, and botanical gardens;
• sport in connection with particular schools, technical colleges, or universities;
• amateur sport which involves the pursuit of physical fitness;
• providing education through early childhood centres, schools and universities;
• providing scholarships and prizes for academic achievement;
• developing the character of young people, e.g. youth groups;
• vocational training;
• public health services including education, counselling and rehabilitation services;
• providing public works and services, e.g. building roads and bridges;
• protecting the environment, e.g. re-vegetation, afforestation, and conservation;
• supporting emergency rescue services; and
• supporting animal shelters or sanctuaries.
• personal or commercial gain
• professional sport
• "social" sports clubs (such as corporate leagues);
• groups or individuals standing for an election to public office;
• lobby groups or action/pressure groups (e.g. Greenpeace, or Sensible Sentencing Trust); or
• social events, e.g. school balls, family reunions, entertainment in pubs or clubs, sporting trips for supporters or spectators, or after match functions for sporting groups.
Information not available
Grants made last year
Funds available last year
How to apply
The cut-off date for applications is generally the 10th day of each month. Applications are normally considered on the last week of each month (Subject to Change).
Grant application forms are available from the website link provided below or picking up from one of the venues operating Dragon Community Trust Ltd gaming machines.
Completed applications should be sent to the address provided below.
DCT - Grant Application Form
Information required with your application
• type of organisation
• contact person details
• details of what the grant is to be used for
• project costs and quotes or other evidence of costs
• other documentation required to complete your application form e.g. Resolution to apply for funding
Trustees of Dragon Community Trust.
The Trustees usually meet on the last week of each month (except December) to consider grant applications.
Conditions of acceptance
The grant must be used only for the specific purpose for which the application was made and spent within 3 months of the grant being made.
Copies of invoices, receipts and bank statements must be provided to Dragon Community Trust within 3 months of the grant being made to verify that the grant has been used in accordance with the purpose approved.
Please refer to Auditing Procedure.
Any grant money which is not spent on the purpose approved must be returned to Dragon Community Trust within 3 months of the grant being made. You agree to reimburse Dragon Community Trust for all costs incurred (including legal costs on a solicitor/client basis) in recovering any outstanding grant money.
You must send us copies of invoices, receipts and bank statements within 3 months of the grant being made to verify that the grant has been used in accordance with the purpose approved. If you are not able to supply the audit information within three months you may request an extension to the audit deadline. All such requested must be made in writing.
Dragon Community Trust Limited
PO Box 41445