Puketapapa Local Grant
Always open for applications?
We prioritise grants for community organisations.
Individuals and groups with no formal legal structure
• individuals and groups with no formal legal structure may apply for grants up to $1000 through the local grants programme. These applicants would need to either:
• nominate an umbrella organisation which has agreed to receive and administer the grant on their behalf – the umbrella organisation would be legally accountable to Auckland Council for the expenditure of the grant
• apply to have the funding released retrospectively i.e. as reimbursement for pre-approved expenses after the project or activity has been completed
• commercial entities – e.g. Limited Liability Companies - may apply for grants in certain circumstances, to be determined by the local board
• projects, events or initiatives proposed by commercial entities would need to clearly and directly benefit the wider community.
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
Puketapapa Local Board - Local Grants Programme 2015/16.
Our local Grants programme aims to provide contestable and discretionary community grants to local communities.
Outcomes sought from the local grants programme
Our grants programme will be targeted towards supporting the following outcomes, as outlined in our local board plan:
• people with a voice who can make a contribution
• thriving local economy, good local jobs
• real transport choices and connectivity
• vibrant, popular parks and treasured natural environment
• healthy, safe people and places
• a strong sense of belonging and local identity
• sport and recreation
Our funding priorities:
• demonstrate collaboration e.g. involves working with other like-minded organisations and/or different parts of the community
• leverage other funding
• address two or more of the “Five Ways to Wellbeing” outlined by the Mental Health Foundation NZ
• support and promote volunteerism
• encourage people to engage with their wider community
• ongoing administration costs
• subsidising activity costs or entry fees for programmes or events
• projects or events that are outside the local board area
• air travel
Activities we don't fund:
• debt servicing or repayment
• legal expenses
• activities that promote religious ministry or political purposes
• medical expenses
• public services that are the responsibility of central government (e.g. core education, primary health care)
• physical works (e.g. improvements to community buildings) that require consents or permits, prior to the necessary consents or permits being obtained (grants maybe awarded in principle, but funds will not be released until all conditions are satisfied)
• purchase of alcohol
• initiatives that are eligible and can be funded by central government
Information not available
Upper limit per grant application
$1000 - $5000
Grants made last year
Information not available
Funds available last year
Information not available
How to apply
Applications closed 31 July 2020
• Apply using the Online Grant Application Service, available from Auckland Council website link https://aucklandcouncil.smartygrants.com.au/
For more information, see Puketāpapa Local Grants Programme (PDF 219KB).
Information required with your application
All Auckland Council grants, including low value grants, are required to account for how the grants are spent.
• how the conditions in the funding agreement have been met
• the number of participants, audience, spectators and where they came from (e.g. which local board area)
• the success of the project
• proof of delivery, if the activity is an art project or event
• proof of expenditure
• how you have acknowledged the local board support.
Puketapapa Local Board
Once funding has been approved, all successful applicants will receive an email notification.
• Quick response grants will be paid within 10 days of receiving the notification email.
• Local grant applicants will receive a funding agreement. This is a formal document which outlines the conditions of the grant and the amount the grant is for. The funding agreement will also outline the accountability reporting requirements.
• Where the local board has only one grant type, the local grant process will apply.
Conditions of acceptance
The Puketapapa Local Board requires that all successful applicants to provide:
• photos of the activity
• invitation to the activity to be extended to the local board for any event or function funded
• public acknowledgement of local board funding including through the use of local board logo on any advertising materials
• meet council standard financial accountability requirements
Who can't apply?
• Political parties
• Internal Auckland Council applicants
• Auckland Council CCO's (council controlled organisations) including facilities run by Regional Facilities Auckland Council
• Organisations receiving statutory funding through compulsory annual levies under the Auckland Regional Amenities Funding Act
• Other local authorities, government agencies or public sector entities
Community Grants Coordinator
Private Bag 92300
Phone: 09 301 0101