Community Development (TECT)
Always open for applications?
Tauranga City and Western Bay of Plenty regions
Your organisation must be:
• a public benefit entity (Charitable Trust/Incorporated Society/Amateur Sports Organisation/School)
• situated generally in the Tauranga or Western BOP distric
• have a Trustpower power account in its name (some organisations without a Trustpower account may still be eligible to apply, please contact us for clarification prior to submitting your application).
Available to groups or individuals?
Groups may apply
TECT (Tauranga Energy Consumer Trust) was formed in December 1993 and is now one of New Zealand's largest energy trusts.
Applications are assessed on the benefit of the project to a significant part of our Community and shows local initiative.
This fund is targeted to supporting the work of Community projects and programmes that have a positive impact on the Western Bay of Plenty and Tauranga. Examples include equipment, operating costs and one off projects.
• supporting the work of community organisations
• community projects and programmes that have a positive impact on the Western Bay of Plenty and Tauranga communities
• generally we don't fund organisations which are not situated in TECT's district (Tauranga City or Western Bay of Plenty)
• third party organisations
• commercial entities
• organisations and groups operating for private profit
• we do not fund retrospective purchases.
• operating costs
• one off projects
• energy efficiency and technology purchases
Upper limit per grant application
Grants made last year
Funds available last year
How to apply
Visit our website to download application form or phone the TECT Office on 07 578 5094.
The cut off date for this scheme is the 1st of every month.
We recommend you contact our office to discuss your project before completing the application form. Please ensure applications are submitted at least 3 months prior to final date you require a decision. Our team are always happy to discuss your application with you and to offer guidance and advice.
Our preference is to receive applications electronically. Please type directly into the application form and email it along with scanned copies of the signature page of the application form, and any supporting documents to email@example.com If you have documents in hard copy only, please send to: TECT, PO Box 356 Tauranga 3140.
If you have any queries about your application call us on 07-578-5094 or email us at Incomplete or late applications will be considered at the next close-off date for that Fund.
Information required with your application
• organisation details
• consumer status
• legal status
• about your organisation
• purpose of your organisation
• management of your organisation
• description of your special project and other supporting documentation
TECT Board of Trustees
• applications will be considered by Trustees at their meeting the month following the cutoff date.
• applications are processed as received and you can generally expect a response within 6-7 weeks from the cut-off date.
• as part of the assessment process, one of our team may visit you to discuss your application in more detail.
• successful applicants will receive a formal Funding Offer and Agreement outlining the conditions of funding.
• payment will be made once the conditions within the agreement are met.
Conditions of acceptance
You must use the Grant for the purpose it was given and approved, and meet any conditions we may decide on.
Grants are non-transferable to other events/projects.
TECT reserves the right to terminate a Grant where it considers the terms of the Grant have been seriously breached. In this event, part or all of the Grant may have to be refunded.
You must provide us with all information as detailed in the Application Form and on the Checklist.
A condition of the Grant is that the organisation report back to TECT on the project.
Because applications invariably require supporting documentation, emailed or faxed forms can not be accepted.
Operations & Grant Manager
Tauranga Energy Consumer Trust
PO Box 356
Phone: (07) 578 5094