The Community Trust of Southland Community Leadership Scholarship
History of award
The Community Trust of Southland Community Leadership Scholarships recognising leadership in the community.
The Community Trust of Southland (CTOS) offers a leadership scholarship to support emerging and mid-career community leaders.
Applicants need to:
• be a New Zealand citizen or hold New Zealand permanent residency
• be currently residing in the CTOS' area and have done so for no less than three years;
• be working for or significantly involved in a:
- Community Organisation
- Iwi/Māori Organisation
- Not for profit Organisation
• have some leadership experience and be either an emerging leader or a mid-career leader;
• show evidence of their:
- personal character and capacity for leadership
- accomplishments, commitment and motivation to the community and its not-for-profit sector,
- community involvement in the CTOS area e.g. membership of external organisations, committees or boards
• have the support of their organisation e.g. Manager, CEO, Executive Committee or Governance Board.
Number of awards
A life time maximum of five Leadership Scholarship will be awarded per individual.
Value is at the discretion of the Trustees
One scholarship per individual per annum.
Always open - Considered on a monthly basis
How do students apply?
Further information available from
The Community Trust of Southland website (http://www.ctos.org.nz).
Types of Programmes/Courses Considered:
• University of Otago Executive Education Programmes
• Outward Bound & Aoraki Bound
• Graduate Diploma in Not for Profit Management
• Leadership New Zealand
The Community Trust of Southland Board of Trustees.
It takes up to 6 weeks for a decision to be made.
Conditions of acceptance
It is expected the project for which the Scholarship is given will commence within 12 months of final selection.
The Community Trust of Southland
62 Don Street
Phone: 0800 500 185