Nelson City Council - Youth Development Fund
History of award
Nelson City Council has 15 Youth Development Fund grants of $500 per year to individuals living within the Nelson boundaries.
To assist young people in Nelson City to have the opportunity to experience Outward Bound, Spirit of New Zealand, or similar outdoor residential personal development programmes.
• Funding is available to individual applicants only
• Aged between 15-19 years
• Living within the Nelson City boundaries
• Applicants must not have been on Outward Bound, Spirit of Adventure or similar programmes previously
• You need to have read and met the criteria of the organisation you wish to attend before applying (This information is available on the organisation's websites)
Number of awards
How do students apply?
Application form can be downloaded below or from the website. Please include a covering letter which describes:
• Reasons for attendance
• Desired outcomes
• Outline of plans to raise the remaining necessary funding to attend the programme.
Further information available from
Any young person wishing to find out more about the Youth Development Fund can contact the Social Wellbeing Adviser or phone +64 3 545 8746.
Nelson City Council.
Fees will be paid directly to the organisation.
Conditions of acceptance
Funding will be conditional on raising the remaining funding and attendance on the course.
Community Liaison Adviser Social Development
Nelson City Council
PO Box 645
Phone: (03) 546 0217 Fax: (03) 546 0239