Kia ora koutou,
Sport NZ Monthly MIQ Allocation for Individuals
Sport NZ has recently been allocated 20 Managed Isolation Quarantine (MIQ) places per month, starting in December 2021, for individuals who meet the criteria and have been unable to secure an MIQ booking through the MIAS virtual lobby.
This does not replace MIQ bookings via MIAS. Everyone who wants an MIQ place should continue to make every effort to book through the virtual lobby each week. This allocation enables Sport NZ to help facilitate the return of athletes who have been unable to book MIQ. We expect demand to exceed the 20 rooms available for us to allocate, so we will prioritise applicants against the published criteria.
Criteria for individual MIQ allocations;
- Traveller must be a New Zealand citizen, normally resident in New Zealand, AND
- Provides evidence that all other avenues for MIQ booking have been tried and will continue to attempt via MIAS lobby, AND
- Travel is endorsed by relevant National Sporting Organisation, AND
The individual must be required to travel to
- represent New Zealand at elite senior level in major international events; e.g. Olympics, Paralympics, Commonwealth Games, or pinnacle event for their sport OR
- return home from having represented New Zealand at major international pinnacle events before October 2021 (e.g. Tokyo 2020 Olympics or Paralympics) OR
- represent New Zealand at elite senior level for a selection event, where they can demonstrate that international travel is required in order to maintain ranking or selection for major international pinnacle events OR
- participate in pinnacle event for their sport, if the individual is a professional athlete.
More information about this process is available at this link.
In order to allocate these places for December 2021 requests for consideration should be submitted via the online form above by 5pm on 23 November 2021.
If you have any questions related to international travel for athletes and teams then feel free to contact us at: email@example.com.