This privacy notice applies to personal information collected through the Sport NZ website (www.sportnz.org.nz).
Collection of personal information
- You may browse and access information within this website without providing us with any personal information.
- We do not collect personal information on this site unless you choose to give it to us, or the collection is permitted under the Privacy Act 1993.
- There are a few places on the site where you can choose to give us personal information, such as emailing an inquiry to us, registering for an event, subscribing to our newsletters or registering for a password to gain access to the Sport New Zealand Facility Data Tool.
- If you choose not to provide personal information to us where requested, we may not be able to provide certain services to you or you may not be able to register for a particular event.
- The type of personal information that we may collect about you will depend on the purpose for which it is collected, but may include: your name, email address, phone numbers, or organisation.
- By submitting any personal information to us, you acknowledge that you have read this privacy statement and authorise us to collect, use and disclose your personal information as described in this privacy statement.
Use and disclosure
- We will only use personal information that you provide to us through this site for the purposes for which you supplied it and/or as otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
- We do not share your personal information with others unless this is necessary for or directly related to the purpose for which you gave us the information, or it is otherwise permitted or required by law. For example, we may need to share your personal information with our partners or third party service providers who provide us administrative support and/or assist us in delivering services to you.
- To the extent we disclose personal information to overseas third parties as outlined above, we will ensure that those third parties are required to protect the information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those under the Privacy Act.
Your rights and choices
- Any personal information provided to us through the site will be held by Sport NZ.
- You have the right to request access to any personal information that we hold about you. If you consider it is wrong, please ask us to correct it. To ask for access to and/or correction of your personal information, please email Policy@sportnz.org.nz or contact us via post at Sport NZ, PO Box 2251, Wellington 6140, New Zealand, setting out the details of your request.
- You can ask to be removed from any of our newsletter mailing lists at any time by contacting Policy@sportnz.org.nz or by clicking the unsubscribe function contained in any electronic message.
- The Sport NZ website may have links or references to third party websites or material. This privacy statement does not apply to those websites, and any information collected by such third parties is governed by that third party’s privacy practices or policies. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content or privacy practices of any third party websites.
- We may amend and update this privacy statement from time to time by posting a revised version on the site. Any changes will take effect from the date the updated version is posted on the site. By accessing our site or using our services after that date, you will be deemed to have accepted the updates to this privacy statement.
Please contact us at Policy@sportnz.org.nz for any further explanations of what we do with your information.
Sport New Zealand copyright © Unless otherwise indicated, the material available on this website is protected by Sport New Zealand copyright. You can reproduce this Sport New Zealand copyright material free of charge without further permission, as long as you:
- reproduce the material accurately
- do not use the material in a derogatory manner or a misleading context, and
- acknowledge the source and copyright status of the material.
The permission to use Sport New Zealand copyright material does not extend to any material on this site that is identified as being the copyright of a third party.
Please note that this licence does not apply to any logos, emblems and trade marks on the website or to the website’s design elements. Those specific items may not be re-used without express permission.
Please contact Policy@sportnz.org.nz with any enquiries.