Young peoples Survey 2011
Results from survey data collected on young New Zealanders' participation in sport and recreation.
The survey is a school-based survey of over 17,000 young New Zealanders (5 to 18 years old). The scale of the survey allows us, for the first time, to explore how sport and recreation fit into the lives of boys and girls of different ages and backgrounds. It provides a voice for young people to tell us about their sporting lives.
The results tell us many positive things, as well as providing us with some challenges.
Main report and related material
All links go to the Sport and Recreation Knowledge Library.
- Sport and recreation in the lives of young New Zealanders
- Infographic: Sport and recreation in the lives of young New Zealanders
- Regional reports
- Methodology report
Participation drops off in teenage years, particularly among young women, so we have looked at this topic in more detail.
- Profile of sport and recreation in the lives of 15-18 year olds
- Young women's views and experiences of sport (factsheet)
- Sport and Recreation in the Lives of Teenagers (summary of international research)