Club management roles
11 June 2019
Forming a management team or committee.
The management team or committee should have a president or chairperson, a secretary and a treasurer. These people provide governance for the club - they will ensure good leadership and adhere to principles of best practice.
- Ensuring the club meets its aims and goals, and its obligations, as outlined in its constitution.
- Making sure there are people and resources available to achieve these aims and goals.
- Managing any potential risks to the club.
- Developing and implementing policies that achieve its aims and goals.
- Involving everyone in the club with achieving it aims and goals.
- Reporting, at least once a year, to the wider club.
- Ensuring the long term well-being of the club, both financially and organisationally.
- Monitoring and evaluating the club's activities for quality and relevance.
- Providing a job description for each role within the management committee. Job descriptions outline the key tasks and responsibilities of each of the management roles.
The Committees, roles and running meetings area has more information on management roles and running meetings.