29 June 2017
Enhancing people development opportunities for everyone in the sport and active recreation sector. Engage in free Sport NZ learning content / host and deliver your own learning content.
What can SportTutor do for you?
- Your members, volunteers and staff can access learning anywhere anytime, equipping themselves to fulfil their chosen roles in the sector
- System functionality in the SportTutor platform allows you to manage a variety of learning delivery options, including face-to-face, online, interactive, video, podcast, social, assessment, and collaborative learner-driven activities and more
- All this in one place - providing rich learning experiences and using efficient and more cost effective ways to reach a far wider audience
Find out more about what SportTutor can do:
With your own exclusively branded portal on the SportTutor platform - you have all the tools at your fingertips to deliver effective learning experiences to build your people capability.
Many organisations use face-to-face workshops, an approach that can prove to be expensive for both organisation and participant. Workshops have a finite number of participants, the timing or location may not be practical for everyone, and unexpected changes in personal circumstances can force a participant to pull out at the last minute.
By blending the learning delivery methods to suit the topic and individual learning needs in SportTutor, you can make your resources more engaging - and go further.
SportTutor can grow your people capability by reaching more people, more of the time, with more effective engagement.
Sport volunteers are amazing passionate people and many get involved to help, so sport can happen in their communities. Issues such as being time poor, travel distances, lack of opportunity and intimidating group workshops often create barriers to personal development.
SportTutor offers a variety of ways to engage your members, volunteers and staff in learning experiences.
SportTutor enables your people to complete or go back and revisit training material on the train while they travel to work, or while waiting for their kids to finish swim class, or perhaps in the evening after they've got baby settled for the night?
SportTutor provides an accessible and user friendly personal learning space, where your people control their own learning and development.
Maintaining an up-to-date database can be a challenge and manually tracking the types and levels of qualification of your members can be time consuming. Your members, volunteers and staff’s learning activity is automatically tracked. This is great for keeping records, provides insight into professional development pathways, monitors gaps in learning needs and can promote new learning directly to relevant uses.
SportTutor makes for efficient automated administration that tracks learning activity and success levels of your people.
It gives your members, staff and volunteers easy access not only to your own learning resources, but also to Sport NZ resources that are open and freely available to everyone signed-up on the SportTutor platform.
SportTutor adds value for your people, by providing development under your own brand and allowing access to Sport NZ resources to reduce unnecessary duplication.
- an easy to use system, set up and ready for you to take control - upload your content and go!
- functionality to deliver different learning experiences such as interactive web based training, video, audio / podcast, discussion forums, face-to-face, assessments, feedback forms etc
- automated workflows including participant registration, reporting and on-line payment options available to reduce administration time
- adapts content to be run across all devices - computer, tablet and mobile, including apps
- user access levels can be managed to suit different roles (facilitator, assessor etc.) all working within a secure system
- each user has their own personal learning space displayed and coordinates their own learning
- if connection on-line is sporadic, content can be downloaded to complete and then uploaded when reconnected
- reports can be run in standard formats or individually created formats to analyse and export data
- connect with a sector wide system administrator user group (lead by Sport NZ) for ongoing support and development of learning content delivery
- platform operation is backed up by a comprehensive system support
- all system wide features and ongoing upgrades are provided to every portal
- additional options to upload your existing database or set up an ongoing interface with your database to automatically update records
Your organisation’s learning content
- free content authoring software provided (unlimited licences) to develop own content or engage professionals to develop content
- flexibility to upload your content in a way that best suits each topic
- full control to update and add to your content when you want to
More information / Get set up
It’s an easy process to set up your own portal. For more information, contact Cushla Lichtwark.