Online Governance Evaluation System (OGES) to help in the evaluation and development of boards of sport and recreation organisations. NEW whole of board “framework” version released.
Sport New Zealand, in association with the Executive Coaching Centre (ECC), has developed this online governance evaluation system (OGES) as a user-friendly system providing boards with a comprehensive picture of governance effectiveness. The system creates clear action plans to address development needs.
Framework based whole of board assessment
Released in December 2015 the revised whole of board assessment now aligns to the governance framework for the sport and recreation sector in New Zealand.
Boards can assess themselves against the framework or with the assistance of an accredited assessor work towards the achievement of the governance mark.
Log in procedures
Organisations now have just one login and one password. When an administrator logs in to a current evaluation or a new evaluation is created you will be prompted to create an organisation specific password and a recovery email address. This will then be used for all future administrator logins for your organisation. Please keep this secure and making sure that future users know the current details.
This change is mainly because over the years people created multiple evaluations for organisations using slightly different names making any historical comparison very difficult.
Any issues please contact email@example.com
User and administrator guides are available to download from the homepage.
The OGES contains six modules:
- Whole-of-board evaluation– to assess the board's processes, outputs and behaviours as a team.
- Chair evaluation to assess the chair's skills, performance and opportunities for development in the role.
- Individual director evaluation to assess the director’s skills, performance and opportunities for development.
- Senior team’s view of the board– to ensure the board and the executive team have a shared view of roles and expectations.
- Nine Quick Questions – simple “are we on track?” test.
- Custom question set – ability to create your own group of questions.
Benefits of using the OGES include:
- helping the board to understand its performance in relation to good practice governance
- assisting the board and management to agree on expectations
- enhancing direction-setting and policy-making
- improving the performance management of the chief executive
- assisting with planning board and director development
- helping board succession planning and assessing the skills of new directors.
The information collected by the OGES is confidential. Sport NZ has no access to the reports unless forwarded by the participating organsiation. Aggregate data may be used for benchmarking.
The website connection is secure and all data is encrypted before being sent between computers.
General and technical inquiries
- General inquiries about the system: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical inquiries, including passwords: https://snz.directorevaluation.com/home/support_form