Developing future leaders driving for significance
The Sport NZ Future Leaders Programme is designed for those is designed for those in senior leadership roles contributing and influencing at a sector level. Using a design-thinking approach the programme is created by you, using real challenges and issues from the Sport and Recreation sector. As a participant led programme it provides you with the opportunity to build strong connections with your peers, learning and supporting each other as you move towards the next step in your career. This programme will develop your ability to leverage your skills and mindset to bridge the gap between operational and strategic thinking to drive for significance.
PROGRAMME STRUCTURE AND DESIGN
The Sport NZ Future Leaders Programme is an intense six day programme combining both residential and online workshops run over a 6 month period. Central to the design are your insights, ideas, challenges, and opportunities integrated with cutting edge thinking about leadership development-including what we know about neuro science, behavioural psychology, and the psychology of learning. To support deep personal growth, tools include a 360 diagnostic, 1-1 executive coaching, personal feedback, real case studies, guest presentations, experiential learning and peer learning.
- Exploring strategic approaches to support you when implementing key plans and objectives within the complex Sport and Recreation sector as outlined in the Leadership Framework for Sport and Recreation in Aotearoa, NZ
- Exploring effective decision making approaches that will support strategy development and strategy implementation
- Finding ways to build and grow key relationship to increase influence and impact within your organisation and the broader community
- Applying new approaches to collaborate in order to connect vertically and externally
- Leading others through diverse and complex situations, in order to get the best outcome,
- Considering useful frameworks and models when implementing and driving successful change
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Gaining powerful and enduring insights into your strengths and areas to develop and grow
- Providing the opportunity to chart your development to ensure you are driving for significance
- Receiving a comprehensive 360-degree assessment, along with executive 1-1 coaching to provide you with practical steps and tools to support you in your next career steps
- Having your learning enhanced by syndicates of your peers, creating and sustaining individual behaviour change through exposure to ‘stretch’ experiences and reflection
HOW DO I GET ON THE PROGRAMMES?
Participation on this programme is by nomination. Nominations close 30 April 2019.