The aim in developing this strategy was to support NZ Golf to lead the regions, golf clubs and related entities to make informed decisions about their future investments and priorities in the sport.
The key aims of this study were to:
- Build a landscape profile of the golf assets/facilities within New Zealand.
- Gain insights into the key trends, practices and products (i.e. asset/course design trends, golf experiences) nationally and internationally.
- Form conclusions as to the sustainability (or otherwise) of the current golf assets/facilities profile within New Zealand.
- Present a potentially sustainable golf assets/facilities profile model within New Zealand.
- Develop a framework for assisting NZ Golf and stakeholders in making effective decisions.