Sport NZ is seeking grant applications for the 8th IWG World Conference on Women & Sport. This grant offers a substantial opportunity for professional development to those who might not otherwise be able to attend.
Successful applicants will receive a free virtual experience registration to participate in the hybrid 8th IWG World Conference on Women & Sport, taking place this year in Tāmaki Makaurau, Auckland and online from 14 to 17 November 2022.
Over 220 sessions and almost 500 international speakers have already been confirmed for this event which is dedicated to advancing gender equity and equality in sport, physical education, and physical activity.
For further details on the programme content and the virtual ticket experience visit iwgwomenandsport.org.
The Sport NZ grant is eligible for those who fit the following criteria:
- Are actively involved in supporting kōhine and wāhine through play, active recreation and/or sport in Aotearoa
- Are a paid or volunteer member at a community or grassroots level
- Are not employed by a Sport NZ Partner (a partner is defined as an organisation who receives paid investment from Sport NZ)
- Applicant can be nominated or self-nominated
All applications must be submitted through the form link below. You will be required to respond to the following questions:
- Your involvement with the play, active recreation or sport sector
- The name of your associated organisation
- Whether your role is paid or voluntary
- Your reasons for wanting to attend the virtual conference
- How you plan to apply the learnings in context you get from the conference
- Reasons that prevent you from paying to attend the conference
CLOSED: Applications closed Monday 5 September
Each grant includes 1 x virtual experience ticket to the 8th IWG World Conference on Women & Sport.
The recipient is expected to cover any additional costs outside of the ticket price.