Please note this content has now been added to the Archives.
It is available for reference purposes but otherwise neither maintained nor updated.
If you require an accessible version please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The continued success of sport and recreation in Aotearoa New Zealand depends on great leadership and better collaboration within our sector.
The Leadership Development System will foster a culture of broad and deep leadership across our sector, with development opportunities for all who work and volunteer in sport and recreation.
Underpinning this Leadership Development System is a Leadership Framework that has been co-created in consultation with a vast range of people working, volunteering and associated with sport and recreation throughout Aotearoa New Zealand. It represents what you think “great” looks like.
Leadership is everyone’s responsibility; it is not tied to a position or a title. Leadership is about how we do what we do. It’s a role we can all play!
- Project leader appointed – September 2015
- Project provider (Winsborough) appointed – December 2015
- Governance Board of sector representatives established – February 2016
- Review of all sport and recreation literature (HR documents, leadership development programmes, academic papers, strategic plans and annual plans) – February to August 2016
- Consultation programme (1,500 people) – interviews, focus groups, surveys, workshops February to August 2016
- Design Team (of sector representatives with learning and development expertise) established to identify learning opportunities – June 2016
- Winsborough reports its findings to Governance Board – October 2016
- Winsborough presents first draft Leadership Framework to Governance Board – November 2016
- “Sense checking” with potential uses – November 2016
- Redraft of Leadership Framework and high-level implementation plan presented to Governance Board – December 2016
- User Group testing – February to April 2017
- Māori Reference Group established to review Leadership Framework and incorporate bi-cultural considerations – February to May 2017
- Final draft Leadership Framework complete – July 2017
- Steering Group established to oversee Leadership Development System roll-out August 2017
- Leadership Framework branding and design – August to September 2017
- Leadership development tools and resources created and tested in hard copy – August to October 2017
- “Go live” system tools and resources available on Sport Tutor – November to December 2017 (with ongoing resource and programme development 2018)
For further information, contact Natalie Stevens, Consultant Workforce email@example.com or phone 027 658 4144