20 May 2014
Recruitment and selection guidelines, including information on advertising a position, establishing an interview panel and interviewing candidates.
Effective recruitment is fundamental to attracting, recruiting and retaining high-calibre employees. Some of the benefits of effective recruitment are:
- quality information about candidates enables good decision-making
- candidates recruited are a good fit with the organisation and the role
- improved customer service as a result of quality hires
- costs associated with employee turnover are reduced
- less investment in training is required if suitably qualified and experienced people are recruited.
See the Recruitment and Selection Guidelines on page 4 of our People management toolkit and the following templates that are relevant to the recruitment process:
- Recruitment and interview guidelines
- Job description
- Sample individual employment agreement
- Sample fixed term employment agreement
- Sample independent contractor agreement
- Sample casual employment agreement
- Sample letter for candidate not short-listed
- Sample letter for short-listed candidate
- Sample covering letter - offer of employment
- Application form.