People management toolkit
11 June 2019
Toolkit about recruitment, remuneration, induction and performance management.
The toolkit, templates and guidelines support sport and recreation leaders in people management practices.
The toolkit, templates and guides have been published in good faith for the general information of human resources managers. They provide practical and general guidance but they are not intended to provide comprehensive advice that can be applied in all scenarios.
Employment law is subject to frequent change and it is difficult, therefore, to keep employment documentation up-to-date. Sport NZ accepts no legal responsibility for the content of these documents and recommends that appropriate professional, legal advice and assistance should be sought as required.
Note: Significant employment law changes will take place shortly with the Employment Relations Amendment Act 2014 coming into effect on 6 March 2015 (see Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment). In addition, new legislation is planned for 2015 to improve health and safety in workplaces (see Worksafe).
Recruitment and induction
- Application form (DOC)
- Employee Handbook (DOC)
- Induction Checklist (DOC)
- Induction Programme feedback form (DOC)
- Induction Programme - three-month induction feedback form (DOC)
- Job Description (DOC)
- Recruitment and interview guidelines (DOC)
- Sample Individual Employment Agreement (DOC)
- Sample Fixed Term Employment Agreement (DOC)
- Sample Independent Contractor Agreement (DOC)
- Sample Casual Employment Agreement (DOC)
- Sample Letter Candidate Not Short Listed (DOC)
- Sample covering letter - Offer of employment (DOC)
Health and safety
- First Aid Register (DOC)
- Hazard register (DOC)
- Hazard Notification Checklist (DOC)
- Health and safety contacts and information (DOC)
- Incident/accident reporting form/register (DOC)