Active NZ Survey 2017
21 December 2018
Sport NZ’s Active NZ Survey 2017 provides a point-in-time snapshot (rather than trend analysis) of participation in sport and active recreation explored through the lenses of age, gender, ethnicity and deprivation.
This is the first Active NZ survey in four years – and the first ever to include both young people and adults. Its findings provide important insights into the changing landscape of participation in sport and active recreation in New Zealand.
Active NZ 2017 results have also been incorporated into Sport NZ’s Insights Tool.
Main reports and data tables
Spotlight Reports and Data Tables
- Active NZ Spotlight on Disability – Main Report
- Active NZ Spotlight on Disability – Main Report as Easy Read PD
- Active NZ Spotlight on Disability – Key Findings as PDF
- Spotlight on Disability Data Tables accessible version
Regional Data Tables
Sports and Activities Data Tables
- Sports and Activities Data Tables (Excel, 7.2 MB)
Additional resources and support
- Technical Report (PDF, 16.1MB)
- Active NZ 2017 slide deck (PowerPoint, 14MB)
- FAQs (PDF, 184KB)
- Explaining Statistical Significance (PDF, 619KB)
- How to Read the Data Tables (PDF, 1.1MB)
If you have a query about the contents of this report, please email email@example.com