Active NZ Survey 2017
17 September 2018
Sport NZ’s Active NZ Survey 2017 provides a point-in-time snapshot (rather than trend analysis) of participation in sport and active recreation explored through the lenses of age, gender, ethnicity and deprivation.
This is the first Active NZ survey in four years – and the first ever to include both young people and adults. Its findings provide important insights into the changing landscape of participation in sport and active recreation in New Zealand.
Active NZ 2017 results have also been incorporated into Sport NZ’s Insights Tool.
- Main Report: Active NZ Survey 2017 (PDF, 2.7MB)
- Data Tables (Excel, 1.2MB)
- Regional Data Tables:
- Auckland(Sport Auckland)
- Auckland combined (Aktive)
- Bay of Plenty
- Counties Manukau
- Hawke's Bay
- North Harbour (Harbour Sport)
- Technical Report (PDF, 16.1MB)
- Active NZ 2017 slide deck (PowerPoint, 14MB)
- FAQs (PDF, 184KB)
If you have a query about the contents of this report, please email email@example.com