Developing and supporting women to be tomorrow's great leaders
The Sport NZ Women in Leadership Programme is designed for women currently in a team leadership role, who want to become the next generation of sector leaders. It looks at how to close the ‘confidence gap’ and challenge the biases that might be holding you back. It is designed to create a leadership community of women who want to increase their personal and organisational impact. By committing to this programme and being open to develop yourself, push yourself out of your comfort zone and build confidence you will amplify your leadership and increase your impact and influence.
The Sport NZ Women in Leadership Programme is an intense four-day programme run over a 4 month period. Central to the design are your insights, ideas, challenges, and opportunities integrated with cutting edge thinking about leadership development-including what we know about neuroscience, behavioural psychology, and the psychology of learning. To support your personal growth, tools include a 360 diagnostic, 1-1 executive coaching, personal feedback, real case studies, guest presentations, experiential learning and peer learning.
- Gaining clarity and insight to develop a personal vision and brand
- Quietening your inner critic while increasing your resilience and self confidence
- Getting visible, increasing your impact and building your influence
- Increasing your leadership capabilities as outlined by the Leadership Framework
- Increasing your self-awareness, building your strengths and reducing blind spots
- Setting personal goals and staying accountable to these
What’s in it for you:
- Becoming part of a leadership community of women who want to increase their personal and organisational impact.
- Gaining the space to connect and learn from your peers, building a high trust network in the Sport and Recreation sector in NZ, and the opportunity to hear from guest speakers and explore relevant case studies
- Experiencing a mindset shift in your ability to seek out leadership and personal development opportunities to grow your career
- Exploring some of the unique challenges faced by women within the sector
How do I get on the programmes?
Highlights from the first year of the programme