Kia ora koutou,
With the news today that a case of community transition has been identified, with no known link to a border, we have moved into another lockdown scenario. As notified by the Prime Minister this evening:
- Auckland and the Coromandel will move to COVID-19 Alert Level 4 for 7 days from 11.59pm tonight.
- The rest of the country has escalated to COVID-19 Alert Level 4 for three days.
For the majority of you, this set of circumstances will not be new. Sport NZ’s Alert Level Guidance is up to date. Please continue to refer to these tables to understand the guidelines for sport, recreation and play at each alert level. Detail on the broader range of restrictions in place at Alert Level 4 can be accessed at the Unite Against COVID-19 web site. Guidance about what you can do in the workplace at COVID-19 alert levels can be obtained from the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment here.
A reminder about Alert Level 4
- Only essential services are able to operate
- All indoor venues and sporting facilities, including clubrooms and gyms, are closed
- Organised sports and physical activity are not allowed outside of your bubble
- You can train at home, or outdoor places in your local area. Maintain physical distancing with people outside your bubble
- Contact activity or sharing equipment/balls with people outside your bubble is prohibited
- All water-based activities are prohibited because these activities expose participants to danger or may require search and rescue services.
Please note that Government are revising restrictions dynamically and there may be amends to some aspects of our published guidance as time evolves.
Contacting Sport NZ
Sport NZ offices will of course be shut this coming week however operations will continue with staff working from home. If you need assistance, please contact your Partnerships Manager.
Our priority is to keep you informed as the situation evolves. We are mindful of the implications of moving into the weekend and beyond and the resulting impact on sport and recreation, weekend games and events. We will continue to provide you with updates as we know more.
This is once again a challenging time that tests our leadership and resolve. It is incredibly disappointing and challenging to have plans cancelled or delayed and to deal with the inevitable stresses and fears that come with a lockdown scenario. Please all play by the rules in order to avoid a more widespread impact and look after each other. We will be back in touch as the situation unfolds.