These policies are part of Sport NZ's overall commitment to safeguarding children and will be supplemented with further guidance, templates, knowledge-sharing and training to support national, regional and community organisations.
Our policy and procedures have been developed in partnership with Safeguarding Children - Tiakina ngā tamariki as interactive pdfs for your organisation to download and complete, by adding your organisation’s details in the fields provided, then save to your own files.
- Sets standards to protect children and young people, our staff, volunteers and contractors.
- Contains procedures for our staff, volunteers and contractors to guide them in identifying and reporting child abuse and neglect and so meets our obligations under the Children’s Act 2014.
- Creates a mandatory requirement for all staff, volunteers and contractors to report any concern about the safety of a child or young person, no matter how small they believe it may be, to one of our Child Safeguarding Reps (CSRs).
- Appoints our CSRs and sets out their role and responsibilities.
- Provides details of the other procedures in place that are to be followed by all staff, volunteers and contractors at all times.
- Ensures an organisation creates a safe environment and that all staff know what to do if there are concerns about a child or young person.
Included in this section:
- Policy 1: Child Safeguarding Policy
- Procedure 1: Responding to disclosed or suspected abuse and neglect
- Appendix 1: Child concern form
This suite of policies includes: