These policies are part of Sport NZ's overall commitment to safeguarding children and will be supplemented with further guidance, templates, knowledge-sharing and training to support national, regional and community organisations.
Our policy and procedures have been developed in partnership with Safeguarding Children - Tiakina ngā tamariki as interactive pdfs for your organisation to download and complete, by adding your organisation’s details in the fields provided, then save to your own files.
The purpose of this policy is to:
- Give our commitment to protect children and young people from harm, abuse and neglect by a staff member or volunteer of [insert name of organisation]
- Reduce the opportunity for a perpetrator of abuse to offend against the children and young people of [insert name of organisation]
- To guide the safer recruitment of staff and regular volunteers.
Included in this section:
- Policy 6: Safer Recruitment Policy
- Procedure 3: Procedures for safer recruitment of Employees and Volunteers
- Appendix 3: Safe recruitment checklist for staff, contractors and volunteers
- Appendix 4: Questions for interviewers and Referees
- Appendix 5: Volunteer screening form
This suite of policies includes: