These policies are part of Sport NZ's overall commitment to safeguarding children and will be supplemented with further guidance, templates, knowledge-sharing and training to support national, regional and community organisations.
Our policy and procedures have been developed in partnership with Safeguarding Children - Tiakina ngā tamariki as interactive pdfs for your organisation to download and complete, by adding your organisation’s details in the fields provided, then save to your own files.
- Sets out our commitment to sharing information to support the safety and wellbeing of a child or young person.
- Creates procedures to be followed in all situations where an organisation holds information about a child or young person and it is in the best interests of the child or young person to share that information.
- Forms part of our safeguarding culture.
Included in this section:
- Policy 3: Information sharing and confidentiality policy
- Procedure 2: Information sharing and confidentiality procedures
For further advice
The Oranga Tamariki information sharing helpline can be contacted:
Phone: 0508 463674
Guide: https://orangatamariki.govt.nz/assets/Uploads/Information-sharing/information-sharing- Guidance-OT-Act-1989.pdf
This suite of policies includes: