26 June 2017
This strategy provides a framework for the development of netball facilities in New Zealand at the regional and local community levels.
The framework enables clubs, regions, Netball New Zealand, Territorial Authorities and other partners to:
- Identify current demand for netball.
- Consider changing population demographics and to identify the potential future demand for netball.
- Prioritise future investment to ensure that the right facilities are provided, in the right locations and for the right reasons.
This strategy focuses on the demand for grass roots participation and identifies that the demand for access to netball courts has a direct relationship with the range of activities offered and the participation numbers within many centres. The strategy will help to answer the following questions:
- What facilities are needed?
- Where are the priority areas?
- How might the facilities be provided?