The sporting and social reasons.
Events inspire Kiwis, and Kiwi kids especially, to get into sport. Events show them the way and help develop and prepare our athletes for international success. The sporting outcomes we want from events are:
- More Kiwi kids in sport
- More Kiwis involved in sport
- More Kiwi winners on the world stage.
Social and economic reasons
Sport is an essential component of the New Zealand way of life. Taking part in sport helps us to stay well and sporting events bring us together, give us joy and make us proud to be Kiwis.
Sport also helps to define New Zealand internationally. Our reputation for sensational sporting events makes New Zealand a bucket list destination for sports fans everywhere.
Sport is integral to our brand and makes a significant contribution to the prosperity of New Zealanders.
Events are a platform from which to enhance:
- The prosperity of Kiwis by creating economic benefits
- New Zealand's reputation as a world-class events destination and place to visit
- Social cohesion, national pride and liveability for Kiwis.