These policies are part of Sport NZ’s overall commitment to safeguarding people involved in play, active recreation and sport. They will be supplemented with further guidance, templates, knowledge-sharing and training to support national, regional and community organisations.
The purpose of this Disciplinary Procedure and Appeals Policy is to provide:
- a process to deal with alleged breaches of the club/organisation Code of Conduct and alleged breaches of club/organisations policies.
An appeals process against a decision involving:
- any other significant detriment.
It aims to:
- support low-level resolution in the first instance
- give clear guidance for dealing with alleged breaches and appeals
- ensure the approach taken to dealing with alleged breaches and appeals is fair, including enabling culturally appropriate responses and processes.
Included in this section:
- Disciplinary Procedure and Appeals Policy
The suite of policies includes: