These policies are part of Sport NZ’s overall commitment to safeguarding people involved in play, active recreation and sport. They will be supplemented with further guidance, templates, knowledge-sharing and training to support national, regional and community organisations.
The Protected Disclosures (Protection of Whistleblowers) Act 2022 and this policy provide protections for employees who follow the approach set out in this policy, to disclose information about serious wrongdoing.
The Act provides an employee immunity from civil and criminal proceedings where they have made a protected disclosure, or refers concerns about serious wrongdoing to an appropriate authority for investigation, unless the information is legally privileged. Employees who do so are also protected from retaliation or victimisation.
The purpose of this policy is to:
- comply with the Protected Disclosures (Protection of Whistleblowers) Act 2022
- provide a procedure for making and dealing with protected disclosures.
Included in this section:
- Protected Disclosures Policy
- Appendix 6 - Protected Disclosure Reporting Form
- Appendix 7 - Record of Protected Disclosure Form
The suite of policies includes: