These policies are part of Sport NZ’s overall commitment to safeguarding people involved in play, active recreation and sport. They will be supplemented with further guidance, templates, knowledge-sharing and training to support national, regional and community organisations.
Download interactive PDF
pdf - 547 KB
The purpose of this policy is to:
- promote professional and ethical behaviour
- avoid actual and perceived conflicts of interest
- make it clear that coaches and other supervisors of young people should not use their position to enter into intimate relationships with them
- minimise the risk of accusations of bias, favouritism or prejudice
- ensure that a club/organisation provides a safe environment where people are treated with fairness, dignity, and respect
- ensure that a club/organisation has a clear and practical framework, which identifies any concerns or perception issues at an early stage and seeks to manage those issues to assist everyone involved.
Included in this section:
- Intimate Relationships Policy
The suite of policies includes: